Announcement for Paid Internship:
Keio Academy of New York seeks undergraduate and graduate student interns for its “US-JAPAN Summer Cultural Experience 2015”.
Number of Openings: Approximately ten undergraduate or graduate students
Period of Internship Thursday, July 16, 2015 – Sunday, August 2, 2015
Housing Interns must live on campus (housing and meals will be provided)
Pay scale $ 8.75 per hour
Work Hours 6 days a week (one day off per 7-day period), approximately 20-25 hours per week.
Must hold a legal status to work in the US (F-1 visa students will not be accepted). Must possess a social security number.
- Excellent command of the English language
- A good team player in a multi-cultural setting
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced program environment
- For Non-native speakers of Japanese- at least two years of college-level Japanese language or cultural studies strongly preferred
- An undergraduate or a graduate student in an education, international studies, intercultural communication, or related program preferred
- Willing to engage in recreational activities with participants when off-duty
- Willing to learn the operational and administrative undertakings required of a residential educational institution
- Experience in working with youth and/or experience in living/studying/working in another country in a cross-cultural environment preferred
- Prior high school or college residential life experience a plus
- Media arts or digital technology related experience helpful
- Ensure program participants’ healthy, safety, hygiene, discipline, group dynamics, and social adjustment, working under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant Director
- Assist program staff in guiding participants through a daily schedule of activities
- Assist with administrative tasks as assigned
- If bilingual, be an interpreter for the participants, their parents, faculty, staff members, and others as needed
Position Descriptions and Responsibilities
Interns will be assigned a primary area of tasks from one of the following areas:
- Assist with administrative work
- Social Networking Service
- Set up SNS sites for the program
- Provide daily updates and announcements on social networking sites such as Facebook
- Gather photos and post on photo-sharing sites
- Events and Activities
- Assist and at times organize social events for the participants and others
- Act as a translator during academic instruction, lectures, and presentations
- Assist and at time organize athletics events and activities
- Produce a video record of the program
Send a cover letter written in English and a one-page resume (MUST include the phone number and e-mail address of the applicant as well as the contact information of at least one academic reference) to the Keio Academy of New York Summer Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org . You must write “Internship Position” in the subject line of the e-mail. All documents must be in PDF file format.
Any application without “Internship Position” written in the subject line, missing a cover letter or academic reference information, or not in the proper format will not be considered.
Wednesday May 13, 2015(*) or until all positions are filled
(*) We will review the applications on a first-come, first-served basis. Positions may therefore be filled before this deadline.
For questions, email the Keio Academy of New York Summer Program Office at email@example.com
<Summer Program Home>