College/University Advising and Guidance
as of September 2022
Schools other than Keio University
Colombia University (USA) Class of 2021
東京大学 (JAPAN)Class of 2019
福岡大学(医) (JAPAN) Class of 2019
Persons School of Design (USA) Class of 2018
University of San Francisco (USA) Class of 2015
(Class of 1993 ~ Class of 2014)
Art Institute of Chicago (USA)
Brown University (USA)
College of Mexico (Mexico)
New England Conservatory of Music (USA)
New York University (USA)
Pratt Institue (USA)
Soka University of America (USA)
Stanford University (USA)
State University of New York (USA)
The University of St. Andrews (UK)
Vocational School (USA)
Wellesley College (USA)
Keio University Advising and Guidance
Concerning advising and guidance for Keio University, there are few Japanese faculty members, one of them from Keio Gijuku in Japan, who are designated Keio University Advisors and assigned to help the students decide their choices of departments at Keio University. Students meet with these advisors, who monitor their schedules to ensure that requirements are met.
Keio University Advisors also survey 11th and 12th grade students about which faculty they want to attend. Ongoing advising and guidance, including the Keio University Faculty Information Session by Keio University will develop students' knowledge and understanding of each faculty at Keio University. In addition, the session will help students decide which Keio University Faculty is the best choice for them.
|Keio University Advisor||
|Keio University Advisor||Kenichi Satatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Keio University Advisor||Junko Hayamiemail@example.com|
U.S. College/University Advising and Guidance
Students who are considering entrance to colleges or universities in the U.S. will be advised by an American University advisor. While the majority of students enter Keio University, if a student chooses to apply to colleges/universities in the U.S., the student can easily get individual, one-to-one support from the American Universities advisor.
The support for them includes:
- Helping students to begin by exploring their ideas and knowing their goals.
- Introducing students to their college/university choices.
- Supporting students as they research their options.
- Explaining how students can present themselves to colleges/universities.
- Assisting with completing their applications.
- Practicing mock interviews.
- Assisting with college essays by coaching students on how to present themselves.
|US College Advisor||Dominic Ciafardinifirstname.lastname@example.org|
Beyond College/University Advising and Guidance, "Future Career and Global Engagement"
In order to support students as future global citizens, Keio Academy of New York provides the following opportunities to support students:
· Career seminars by prominent guest speakers and professionals
· Keio Academy/Keio University Alumni Speaker Series, which are coordinated by Keio Academy's Trustees, Keio University Alumni Association, and local parents
· Headmaster's Omnibus "Tricultural" Lecture Series by guest speakers from colleges/universities/organizations, enhancing the understanding of Keio philosophy (https://www.keio.ac.jp/en/about/philosophy/) and Keio Academy's Mission Statement (https://www.keio.edu/about-us/history-mission)
· Cultural exchange activities in local communities and with other schools
· Model United Nations Conference to work with other high school students and college/university students from all over the world.