On January 19th, we had our first school-wide public speaking event entitled “An Encouragement of Speaking”.
During Part One, the seniors lead group discussions based on Yukichi Fukuzawa's An Encouragement of Learning. This was a great opportunity for students from all grades to deepen their understanding of our founder’s philosophy.
Part One: Discussion on An Encouragement of Learning in 14 mixed-grade groups
Part Two: At the Student Center
- Opening remarks from Headmaster Kono
- 9th and 11th graders’ readings from An Encouragement of Learning
- One 11th grader’s speech about An Encouragement of Learning
- A brief summary of each room’s discussion results in English
- Three 10th graders’ speeches from their Kokugo class assignment
- One 11th grader’s speech
- The Hip Hop Community’s (a group consisting of all grades) performance
Thank you very much for showing support for our event!