With the objective of providing excellent bilingual and bicultural education, Keio Academy of New York strives to instill in its students a sense of social responsibility by organizing community outreach activities for students to participate in after school and during weekends.
In collaboration with local charitable organizations such as the Bridge Academy in Yonkers, the Sharing Shelf, the Westchester Children’s Museum, the Westchester Community Opportunity Program, and the American Cancer Society, our students take part in activities including food drives and clothing drives, a breast cancer charity walk, a Christmas toy drive, and sports clinics at a local after-school program among others.
Community outreach activities are not limited to volunteer activities. Keio Academy of New York also participates in school exchanges with the Harvey School in Katonah, NY, the Passaic County Technical Institute in Wayne, NJ, and other educational institutions. Our students also actively take part in many other events outside of school, such as those to introduce Japanese culture to the local community. These cultural activities include:
- Cultural Festival at the Greenwich Japanese School
- The Japan Society’s New Year Event in New York City
- Japan Bowl at Washington, DC
- Rye Public Library calligraphy display
- NETCJ Harumatsuri at United Nations International School in New York City
- White Plains Sakura Matsuri
- Harrison Matsuri
- East: Glimpses of Asia at the MasterCard International Headquarters in Purchase