応募方法: 希望者は、Application Form（PDFフォーマット）をダウンロード・記入し、履歴書と共にメール、もしくはご郵送ください。
Keio Academy of New York
Attn: Office of Human Resources and General Affairs
3 College Road, Purchase, NY 10577 USA
Application Formをご覧頂くには、Adobe Acrobat Readerが必要です。お手持ちのコンピューターにAdobe Acrobat Readerがインストールされていない方はこちらからダウンロードしてください。
Application Form (PDF)
Keio Academy of New York is currently seeking a full-time chemistry teacher with strong abilities in a second science (physics, biology,etc).
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field required, Master’s degree or higher in science preferred. High school science teaching experience and/or teaching certification desired. Experience in teaching ESL students is preferred, but not required.
STARTING DATE: September 2018
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits Package (including health insurance and 403B pension plan)
DEADLINE: Applications will be considered in order of arrival, until the position is filled.
Reporting to the Assistant Headmaster who is in charge of school life, the Assistant Director/Director is responsible for all athletics, recreational, and sports activities.
- Be responsible for supervision of all athletic, recreational, and sports activities after school, especially between 3:05pm and 6pm during weekdays in order to maintain and improve the students’ safety
- Develop plans, budgets, and timelines for the entire athletics and sports activities under the direction of the Assistant Headmaster
- Be responsible for administering all interscholastic policies and procedures within the confines of School policies, Conference procedures, the rules established by NYSPHSAA and regulations established by NYS Education Department
- Attend all meetings representing the school within the established league, conference and state
- Be responsible for development of all interscholastic game schedules
- Be responsible for supervising the review of assignments from BOCES of all game officials
- Where and when possible, attend all home athletic events and/or make arrangements for proper supervision of home contests and oversee activities held off campus
- Act as a tournament manager for all league tournament and school tournament activities that are held on school grounds
- Supervise the scheduling and use of athletic facilities for the school, Manhattanville College, SUNY Purchase, Anglebrook Golf Club, and Doral Arrowwood Golf Club.
Monday to Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (1 hour lunch break)
Occasional work on Saturday/Sunday/Holidays is requested.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Observe coaches to make future recommendations in terms of job expectations and to make recommendations to the Assistant Headmaster as to coaching job assignments
- Supervise and evaluate all athletic department members (athletic trainer, coaches, and administrative assistant)
- Recruit and select staff for Athletics
- Resolve athletic conflicts regarding field or building use
- Ensure that a permanent file of athletes, medical examinations, accident reports and required athletic forms are kept by the Medical and Health Services staff
- Be responsible for scheduling and supervising physical examinations in accordance with NYSPHSAA Regulations
- Supervise transportation arrangements for all interscholastic athletic events
- Be responsible for making safety decisions concerning field conditions and transportation. These decisions are made in consultation with the Headmaster, Assistant Headmaster, Business Officer, Resident Dean, Grounds Supervisor, and the County Coach Bus Company
- Ensure records for each sport team and individual accomplishments are compiled
- Be responsible for review of athletic policies with coaches, parents and athletes
- Evaluate Athletic programs and make recommendations for improvements
- Review intramural, summer and in-school programs to be in accord with NYSPHSAA Regulations
- Be responsible for certification of all NOCSAE approved equipment
- Provide for academic eligibility supervision of students participating interscholastic sports program
- Prepare all seasonal schedules
- Plan agenda and conduct coaches meetings. (3 pre-season, 3 end-of-season)
- Coordinate the supervision of the year- round after school fitness center
- Provide for in-service education of coaches through clinics, workshops, conferences, staff meetings, distribution of informative material, etc.
- Interpret and implement all state and local mandates
- Prepare and administer budget for Athletics
- Establish and adhere to a regular schedule on inspection of all athletic facilities and installations in order to maintain and improve their safety
- Review all athletics supplies and equipment that are purchased by the school and insure they adhere to specifications
- Be responsible for all athletic supplies and equipment
- Contact the Assistant Headmaster to report any issues regarding involving athletes that have violated school rules, conference rules, and game suspensions
- Contact the Assistant Headmaster to report any potential issues
- Review with the Assistant Headmaster all eligibility requirements of students that involve transfers and extended eligibility
- Contact the Resident Dean to report athletic and sports activities after school hours and during weekends, including any potential issues related to the resident hall life
- Attend the Department Chair and Faculty and Staff meetings. Also attend other meetings upon request of the Assistant Headmaster
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Assistant Headmaster or Headmaster
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from four-year college or university.
Several years of experience at educational institutions preferred.
Athletics, recreational, and sports activities fields, education, counseling and guidance, student affairs background is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Communications: Listening/Speaking/Reading/Writing (English), Confidentiality, Counseling, Dependability/Reliability, Diplomacy, Employment Development, Ethics, Facility Management, Field Supervision, Listening & Understanding, Persuasiveness, Problem-Solving, Relationship Building, Team Leading, Team Participation
Ability to interact and educate students from ages 14-19
Use of general office equipment including phones, fax, copier, scanner, postage machine, phone system, personal computer, etc. Software includes the use of Windows operating system and MS Office applications. Intranet. CPR, First Aid is preferred.
Others, Physical Demands:
• Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: Daily 2-20 pounds, occasional 30 pounds or more and during emergency situations, the need to carry a student.
• Standing/Walking required
• Vision: need to observe students’ physical condition.
Starting Date: July 1, 2018 or earlier
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Health Insurance and 403B Pension Plan benefits will be provided after three-month probation period.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Contact Information & Application and Resume Submission:
Office of Human Resources and General Affairs
Keio Academy of New York
3 College Road Purchase, NY 10577
Application Form is available on our website.
Detail: www.keio.edu > About us > Employment Opportunities